Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Rose From My Garden - sold


I was very inspired to paint roses, following my visit last week to the Portland Art Museum (PAM). Franz Bischoff is one of my favorite painters of the California Impressionists, he was called "King of the Rose Painters". One of his rose paintings is in the show, at the PAM - California Impressionists, 60 Paintings from the Irvine Museum. On Aug 4 & 5, PAM is having an Invitational Plein Air Event on the grounds on of the Museum, 50 regional painters will be painting on Aug 4 &5. I'm sure this is a first time event for PAM, but I hope there will be more events like this one. And there is a large garden at the museum which I am sure lots of artists will be painting, with roses of all colors in full bloom! Portland isn't called "City of Roses" for nothing. It will be fun! So come check it out if you have time.
And yesterday, Carol Marine painted a stunningly beautiful rose for her daily painting.

All of my paintings on Daily Paintworks are here:
Click here to see them all!