Thursday, July 8, 2010

Surfer in 10 Speed Coffee Shop - sold

The light in this coffee shop is so interesting, coming in the windows, and backlighting the people. This guy looked interesting. As I mentioned in the post yesterday - I like paintings subjects that have alot of light/dark contrast, and this place definitely has light blasting in from the windows. Oh yeah, and 10 Speed has GREAT coffee!

Oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
6 in x 6 in :: 15.2 cm x 15.2 cm
unframed $100 + shipping
framed $165.00 or $175.00 depending on the frame + shipping

8 comments:

Todd Smith said...

Great, Cathleen! Did you do this on site? Was the guy cooperative?

Cathleen Rehfeld said...

he didn't mind at all... : )

Linda Popple said...

Great job! The light is fantastic and composition is good, too.

Celeste Bergin said...

Nice looking fella!

AutumnLeaves said...

You've captured a great sense of this man without giving too much of him away. This looks like my kind of coffee shop (and I'm not talking because of this handsome gentleman, though maybe...)! Beautiful work, Cathleen!

Carrie H. said...

Cathleen, I'm looking for the missing post for Oregon Art Beat that is hinted at on Celeste's Blog Roll! Inquiring minds and all that....

Cathleen Rehfeld said...

Hi, Thank you everyone for the nice comments about the surfer dude!
The oregon art beats, are going to come to my studio and film on 7/23, the show airs in Fall/Winter. I tried to put it in my blog yesterday, on my new "press " page, and then I accidentally deleted it. I will put it back in today, I will know an exact date for airing after the filming. Thanks for asking!

Lisa Daria said...

really nice painting - loose, just enough information - really great light.