Monday, June 22, 2009

Transformer - sold

This one is a little different for me. I did a painting of a house with the power lines going across the canvas, and I liked the effect on the composition of the painting. So I wanted to try one with just the power lines and the pole.
Someone put a comment on my blog asking me what brushes I use. I mostly use flat synthetic brushes, that have a little longer bristles. I have been ordering them from Utrecht, 230 1/2" with a blue handle, and 6150-f 1.2" green handle.
This painting is going to be in the show, 30 Days of Art, at the Columbia Center for the Arts from July 3 - 31.

Oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
6 in x 6 in :: 15.2 cm x 15.2 cm

3 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Great! Lot's of great looseness with just the right amount of detail. The streak of pale yellow and green on the transformer really make this work for me.

Polly Jones said...

What wonderful, thick paint and brushwork and dynamic composition!

jennifer woodburn said...

As someone who loves to paint power lines - this is fabulous! Great texture and brush strokes.