Monday, January 18, 2010

Fixation on Red - SOLD

I am going to be doing a series of paintings that involve the color RED. I am going to be in a show (with lots of other artists) at the Columbia Art Gallery, that is called "Red" for the month of February. The show opens Friday February 5, 2010. I will be doing larger paintings inspired by the color red, for the gallery show. The daily 6in x 6in paintings with red, are sort of a proving ground for the larger paintings.
Oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
6 in x 6 in :: 15.2 cm x 15.2 cm
unframed $100 + shipping

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is a brillian red bowl..love it. Your gorgeous red apples from previous posts will fit right in!

AutumnLeaves said...

What a beautiful hue of red here. I love the heaviness of this crockery bowl too. Is that a bit of reflection I see upon the wall on the left? I love it and how it looks! Great job, Cathleen! Good luck with the show too.

Pamela Clarkson said...

Love your still life pieces but the landscapes are really special. Your color is fabulous and I love the energy of your brushstrokes. Are you a follower of Carol Marine? I see her here---bravo to you both.

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Awesome painting. LOVE how this red looks like candy! Wonderful.

JMahorney said...

So nice to see you painting again. Beautiful and a wonderful pop against the cool background. :)