Friday, September 11, 2009

sold :: Flowering Plum Tree
oil on panel :: 8x10 :: framed
Catherine Creek Overlooking the Columbia River
oil on panel :: 8x10 :: framed
White Salmon River From Above
oil on panel :: 8x10 :: framed
What have I been doing with myself this summer? It has been a very busy summer. Just finished with the Plein Air 2009 Show in Hood River, OR. I was one of 32 Artists participated, we painted for 5 days, there are over 170 paintings in the show in the Columbia Center for the Arts. Our opening was great, we sold over 40 paintings from the show. We were very lucky to have the show juried by Ned Mueller, a member of the Plein Air Painters of America. I am posting 3 of my paintings in the show, I need to add the other 3 later. The photos of the above paintings are not the greatest, they might be a little dark. We have a blog about our event, http://pleinairhoodriver.blogspot.com, check it out, there are photos of the artists, the names of the artists who participated and some of the locations we were painting. Also there are photos of the fabulous opening, that was overflowing with interested collectors and art appreciators.

4 comments:

Aliaena said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Cathleen. I have to say I find you to be one of the most talented of the daily painters on the web. Flowering Plum Tree is exquisite and I'm sorry it's already sold because I would have loved to see if I could have bought it. I find your brushwork incredibly appealing, and your colours! Outstanding. Many congratulations on truly beautiful work. And looking forward to much more to come!
Aliaena

Barbara Pask said...

Gorgeous paintings, love all the wonderful color I see.

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

These are really striking. the colors and happy brushwork. composition. yum.

Kerri Settle said...

These are all beautiful, especially the "Flowering Plum Tree", which is just an amazing use of color.