Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Plums and Shadows

How is this painting different from yesterday's painting? The lighting is natural. I painted it with natural light coming in the window, shining on the plums and creating the shadows naturally. The photo is ok, but I think the colors are more subtle than the photo can capture.
This painting is available for purchase. If you have trouble purchasing a painting, or have questions please email me crehfeld01@gmail.com.
$100 + shipping

Oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
6 in x 6 in :: 15.2 cm x 15.2 cm
unframed

6 comments:

Gregg Caudell said...

Perfect! cool light, warm shadow. I noticed the shadow most. good job!

Celeste Bergin said...

I love all these plums...these look blacker today..I do love your squared up strokes. These plums are ......well.......plum.

Carol Horzempa said...

What a difference with natural light. Your shadow colors are wonderful, also the contrast between light and dark. Great little painting!

Edward Burton said...

Beautiful job with the reflections and shine on the plums. Wonderful painting, Cathleen

Jala Pfaff said...

Nice! And I love the idea of painting the same subject under different lighting conditions. It seems like one would learn a lot that way.

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Love the cool hi lights, these plums are so plum like. (: Wonderful.